Thursday, January 15, 2009

California Rollin'


I cannot convey how many times I have been out with coworkers for lunch and I would get all excited because I think it might be some bulgogi, or tempura, or just something other than seaweed and sprouts. Much to my dismay its always something that I either have to swallow without chewing just to keep face, or something that I just flat out have to pass on like the seasame seed covered raw chicken I was presented with the other day (I couldnt even play that off). Just once I want to go out and eat a meal that I would seconds and thirds of. If portion control is your issue then Korea may be the place for you. I dont know how many people are rushing for seconds of vinegar covered potato squares. But today I was pleasantly suprised to find amongs the endless garbage adds taped to my door an add for California Roll Shop. I took it as an Omen it was and passed the flier to the cab driver, and 3,000 won later I was there. It was like a dream come true because they serve sushi the way I like it. I was so happy when I ordered a plate of California rolls it was filled with avacado sauce and imitation crab!! Unlike other sushi diners I do not enjoy the taste of raw fish on my palate. Just cant do it, so the more generic the better for me. I also found a place that serves fried chicken with a side of pizza!!! It dont get no better than that!! Stay tuned for more culinary expeditions.

Peace

1 comment: